Teeth whitening is one of the simplest ways and most popular procedures in cosmetic dentistry to transform your smile. Here at SmileArt Dental, we offer a variety of teeth whitening procedures to help you achieve a bright, more youthful smile. There are several options available for whitening your smile to fit any budget and schedule.
It is very important to visit the dentist to be examined before any form of teeth whitening is carried out. This ensures that teeth whitening is justified, appropriate and that the right method has been selected based on your individual circumstances and needs.
What are the different types of teeth whitening available?
At SmileArt Dental, we offer three types of whitening:
- Deep Bleaching (in surgery and at home) teeth whitening using the Enlighten System
- In-surgery Laser Teeth Whitening using the Zoom! System
- Professional home whitening kits using Polanight System
Why choose SmileArt Dental for Teeth Whitening?
- We will only carry out treatments if appropriate
- We will undertake treatment with your upmost safety in mind
- We will select the most appropriate product & concentration
- You will have access to your dentist before, during and after treatment
- We will take shades before and after to assess success, which will be accompanied by photographs for your records
- Q: Is teeth whitening safe?
- A: Teeth whitening conducted by an experienced and licensed cosmetic dentist is very safe. At SmileArt Dental, we advise patients to avoid attempting tooth whitening by purchasing products over the internet or at salons, as products can be harmful if not administered correctly.
- Does it hurt? What are the side effects of teeth whitening?
- The majority of people do not experience any side effects from teeth whitening. However, some people will experience some kind of sensitivity either during and/or after the initial treatment. This should settle down after approximately 48 hours, and your dentist may give you instruction on how to manage any sensitivity using gels or a mousse.
- Q: How long will the effects last?
- A: The whitening can last for up to 3 years, although this depends on your individual circumstances. Smoking, or drinking lots of stainable liquids (such as tea and coffee) will impact the length of time the whitening lasts.
- Q: What about whitening toothpastes?
- A: Teeth whitening toothpastes are not designed to actually bleach your teeth. Most contain mild abrasives to remove surface stains, and some have additional polishing agents that are more effective against stains than regular toothpastes.
- Q: Will whitening work on artificial teeth?
- A: No. Tooth coloured fillings, crowns, bridges and veneers will not lighten when your teeth are bleached. It is therefore important to consider whether you will need to replace other dental treatment if you are going to whiten your teeth.
For more information, feel free to call or visit us